Nursing is a tough career choice, no doubt. But how much can you expect anyone to do? I talk today with another nurse. Three years into her career. We talk about what it’s like to be a nurse. And how nurse burnout can affect YOU.
We also discuss Question one, on the Massachusetts ballot for the November 6, 2018 election. This question proposes a legal mandate for nurse:patient ratios in acute care settings. On the surface, it sounds amazing. Please listen to this podcast to hear a different perspective from two nurses. One early in her career, the other a little more seasoned.
Why is this important to you?
- It may impact the care your parent receives
- It may impact the care you will need to provide to your parent
- It may impact you as a patient
- it may impact you as an employee
- It may impact you as a tax payer
I hope you listen. And I would love to hear your take on this. Even if you don’t live in Massachusetts. Because it didn’t start here, and it likely won’t end here, unless it does…
Read Massachusetts Question One