I’m sure you’ve heard of essential oils. A lot of people think they’re witchy or woo woo-ey. But the reason they can be so effective is they are made up of chemical compounds and work at a cellular level. As in science! Denise Joswiak is not only a certified aromatherapist, she is also a registered nurse. And she uses evidenced based research to guide her aromatherapy practice. But she also says that most people who share essential oils have a personal story to share. Denise shares her personal experience and her professional expertise with us, discussing the use of oils as palliative care options.
Remember, that palliative care is defined by the Center to Advance Palliative Care as specialized medical care for people living with a serious illness. It focuses on providing relief from symptoms and the stress of illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family. Something essential oils can, and do offer.
Listen to today’s episode to learn:
- How essential oils can be used in the palliative care space
- What oils can help
- Things to consider when choosing essential oils
- What the difference is between essential oils and hydrosols (science!)
- What her research showed regarding the use of essential oils for nausea, anxiety, and pain
- How to find a certified aromatherapist
- How to earn CEU’s and become certified yourself
- How to get aromatherapy in your healthcare workplace
- some great suggestions for home made gifts!
You can find Denise here: