Dr. Aaron Blight has had a lifetime of caregiving experience. Both personal and professional. He took what he learned as a family caregiver and started a career in professional caregiving. His latest endeavor has taken him from the owner of a homecare business, to being the founder of Caregiving Kinetics, and author of When Caregiving Calls: Guidance as You Care for a Parent, Spouse, or Aging Relative.
Why should you listen? Because there are over 53 MILLION Americans providing unpaid care for a family member. And 83% of those caregivers are experience MORE stress with the onset of Covid-19. And chances are very good that if you are not already a family caregiver, you’re going to be.
We had a great conversation today about:
- Some of the struggles family caregivers face
- Unanticipated rewards of being a family caregiver
- Suggestions for managing guilt/resentment family caregivers can feel
- What dying teaches you about living
- Why you should read his book