How does one manage when you have 4 girls between 10 and 15 years of age and your mom has a life changing medical issue? Why you become sandwiched, of course. Laurie James shares her experience with us today. And the struggles are real.
Listen to our talk today and find out why it’s so important to advocate for your loved ones, even if it means being the “squeaky wheel”. Other things you MUST know:
- Why you need to do your homework when your are bringing caregivers into your home
- The importance of having conversations about finances with your parents (AND YOUR KIDS)
- Why YOU must have Power of Attorney/Health Care Proxy documentation in place
- Ask for a palliative care consultation (even if you think it means Hospice–it doesn’t!)
- Life is short, and if you are not fulfilled, find someone who can help you get where you want to be!!
- What is the difference between having a coach and a therapist